Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rainy Day Reflection

Now that summer is officially over, I usually fall into some sort of rut because I feel like the best part of the year is over. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fall and winter is OK too. But summer is really where all the good times are at. Especially this summer! We got married, went on an amazing honeymoon, went on vacation with family, and just generally had a good time together.

As happy as the summer was, 2012 as a whole was also full of some of the most trying times in my life. My good friends lost a baby to a rare disease which really hit me hard. I ended a friendship with someone who was toxic, and had a pretty serious back injury that is still affecting me today. So needless to say, I am ok to watch 2012 fade away. There are still some good months coming up though! My birthday month ( November) is my favorite month for obvious reasons. My birthday and the best mashed potatoes ever both fall in this month and I can't wait for it!

So now I am wondering what there is to look forward too. What will 2013 bring? Well we are starting this year off like we have every other year; in a cabin far away from the parties and club scene that usually takes place on New Year's Eve. I love nothing more than being all bundled up sitting next to a fire waiting for the changing of the years!

In February we are heading to Cabo with both of our families in tow. We went together last year and I have memories from that week that I will cherish forever. There is nothing better than spending a week in gorgeous weather with great company.

This is a picture from our resort!


And finally at the start of  the year, Matt will be graduating from graduate school! This has been a long time in the works and I am so excited for him. We are going to have a huge party to truly celebrate this momentus occasion.

So even though this time of year may be chilly and somewhat depressing, right around the corner there are some great experiences waiting!

What are you looking forward to for the rest of 2012 and going in to 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I will try to respond to all comments!

Total Pageviews